The local Aberdeen, Grampian and N. Isles branch has a membership of around 400, and CAMRA nationally has a membership of over 190,000 real ale drinkers.
The branch target is to increase this further. We all know real ale lovers who aren’t members of CAMRA – if we can each encourage a few to sign up, perhaps we can make this target.
Seasonal Gift Membership
Why not get your loved one a one year CAMRA gift membership package; the package includes a monthly copy of the What’s Brewing newspaper, the quarterly BEER magazine and a discount on the latest best-selling CAMRA Good Beer Guide (currently the 2019 edition). This is the kind of present that they will be able to use all year round and will be forever grateful to you. The membership will only become live when it is activated and will be valid for a year and the recipient will have a chance to renew the membership at the end of the year.
The membership will give them 15% discount from National Express, £20 worth of Wetherspoons vouchers and discounts from some the UK’s best attractions such as Alton Towers, Legoland, Blackpool, Sealife and many more. See www.camra.org.uk/benefits for more information on the benefits of becoming a CAMRA member.
There are a variety of packages available to suit the recipient. We have joint memberships, ideal for Christmas, wedding packages, or maybe a gift from the kids to the grandparents. We also offer deals for under 26s which can also be brought as a gift.
Benefits of Membership
As a member of CAMRA you can expect:
- What's Brewing: A monthly colour newspaper informing you of beer and pub news and detailing events and beer festivals from around the country.
- Beer Magazine: A quarterly magazine about pubs, beer and breweries.
- Wetherspoons Vouchers: £20 of JD Wetherspoons vouchers (50p off a pint)
- Archibald Simpson's (Aberdeen), Justice Mill (Aberdeen), Muckle Cross (Elgin), Saltoun Inn (Fraserburgh), Cross Keys (Peterhead).
Within this branch:
- Beer Festival: Come work, drink and play at the annual beer festival.
- Brewery Trips: Travel with us to visit local brewers and publicans.
- Borrow Equipment: Borrow Pins, Taps and Woody Bits to enjoy beer at home (although you buy and pay for the beer yourself)
- Pub Discounts: Show your membership card to obtain a few pence off a pint at a number of local pubs, including:
- Belhaven managed pubs such as Prince of Wales, Old Blackfriars, Ma Cameron's (all Aberdeen)
- Krakatoa (ex Moorings), St Machar Bar, Elizabethan (Fraserburgh) and others.
Various other benefits and discounts are published at the National CAMRA Website.
What does it cost?
Full membership rates and discounts are published at the National CAMRA Website.
Why not take out a Direct Debit membership and then you won't be hassled with those pesky Renewal letters?
Know an Ale Drinker who would love the surprise of a Gift Membership? Perfect for Christmas or Birthday gifts.
How can we contact you?
Every CAMRA member can keep their "My Membership" details up-to-date at the National CAMRA Website. Simply login with your membership number (which appears on your card), and update your membership details. A plea from our branch: PLEASE check we have both your correct Email address and snail mail address because it helps us to ensure we give all our members a chance to vote for pubs to enter into the Good Beer Guide.