There is an ongoing calendar of Branch, Committee and Beer Festival meetings, as well as trips, social drinking and beer tasting sessions.
Check out the list of beer festivals.
Note - all venues in Aberdeen City unless indicated otherwise. Contact CAMRA on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07733 068 673 if any further information required on any of the events below.
Coming In 2019:
- Thursday 14th March 8pm, Aitchies Ale House, Branch Meeting
- Friday 5th to Sunday 7th April Caird Hall, Dundee National Conference and AGM 2019
- Tuesday 9th April 8pm, Under The Hammer, Branch Meeting
- Saturday 11th May 8pm, Elizabethan Bar & Lounge, Fraserburgh, Branch Meeting (NB Start time may vary depending on nearest bus time from Aberdeen)
The Archive 2019:
- Saturday 23rd February 2pm Ma Cameron's Snug GBG 2020 Selection plus Pub Of The Year (POTY) and Beer Of the Year (BOTY) voting. NB This date was originally scheduled for the 16th
- Wednesday 6th February 8pm, Globe Inn, Branch Meeting
- Tuesday 15th January 8pm, Atholl Hotel, Branch Meeting
- Friday 4th January 6pm (TBC), Carriages, Social for what might possibly the last pint ever in this long established GBG outlet before closure due to being sold to an unknown buyer who will only keeping the accommodation - a tragedy!
The Archive 2018:
- Thursday 27th December 2pm, Grill, Seasonal Social. Itinerary yet to be decided but there will be a mobile number published so latecomers can find out where we are
- Tuesday 11th December 8pm, Ferryhill House Hotel, Branch Meeting (Please note change of date from the 4th)
- The Orkney trip is taking place Friday30th November till Monday 3rd December. The main purpose is to do a presentation to Swannay Brewery for winning Champion Beer of Scotland with its Orkney IPA and to the Orkney Brewery for winning gold in the bitter category at Champion Beer Of Britain at GBBF for Red MacGregor. There are various other certificates to be awarded to both breweries for other beers. There are only 4 members going on the trip as nobody else expressed a commitment to going
- Saturday 17th November Grammar FP Club, Queens Road 2pm Branch AGM. This will be followed at approx. 3.30 by a Branch Meeting. Nominations for all committee posts, please, to email@example.com
- Saturday 27th October 1pm (ish) visit to Six Degrees North Brewery, Laurencekirk. Suggested train from Aberdeen is the 12:40 Glasgow one arriving at 13:10 - the brewery is about 5 minutes from the station. Off-peak return is £13.70 (£9,05 with Rail Card). Trains back from Laurencekirk are at 15:52 (does not stop at Stonehaven) or 17:20
- Tuesday 23rd October 8pm, Carriages, Branch Meeting. As Carriages was undergoing negotiations with a potential buyer, the future may be uncertain. However, it is still business as usual at the moment. If it is not going to be open for business on this date then the venue will be changed to Ferryhill House Hotel
- Saturday 13th October 1pm (ish) visit to Burnside Brewery, Laurencekirk. This is the new owners' official launch event. Suggested train from Aberdeen is the 12:40 Glasgow one arriving at 13:10 - the brewery is about 2 minutes from the station. Off-peak return is £13.70 (£9,05 with Rail Card). Trains back from Laurencekirk are at 15:52 (does not stop at Stonehaven) or 17:20
- Saturday 6th October 1pm Carriages, Tasting Panel Session. Other pubs may be visited depending on beer availability
- Thursday 27th September 8pm, Number 10 Bar & Restaurant, Branch Meeting
- Tuesday 25th September 7pm, Prince of Wales, Meet The Brewer with Fyne Ales
- Saturday 15th September 1pm Social with Tayside Branch. starting at the Royal Arch, Brook Street, Broughty Ferry. Other nearby pubs are the Fisherman's Tavern, the Anchor, the Ship and Jolly's Hotel (Wetherspoon). Suggested train is 11.42 to Dundee arriving 12.53 and then get a bus to Broughty Ferry. Alternative is an earlier train to Dundee with the option of a drink in Dundee prior to going to the Ferry. Does not seem to be a suitable train to Brought Ferry to fit in with our suggested rendezvous time. Various trains back can be had from Broughty Ferry at 17.54 or 19.01 (both changing at Carnoustie) or a direct train at 20:12
- Saturday 1st September Moray Social Trip starting at Mosset Tavern, Forres. Best way to get there from Aberdeen would be a Stagecoach no 10 leaving Aberdeen at 9:30, arriving Forres at 12:35. Train is hampered by bus replacement between Inverurie and Keith on this date. Meet up at Mosset Tavern for 1pm. Best bus for Findhorn is the 14:21 visiting the Crown & Anchor and Kimberley then a bus back to Forres at 15:42. From here we can either visit other Forres hostelries or go on to Elgin by various services which run about half hourly. Last bus back to Aberdeen from Forres is 17:05 although you can get to Elgin on the 17:35, 18:05 and 18:35, Then the last bus from Elgin to Aberdeen is at 20:40. If joining the trip late, please phone or text Rigg Robertson on 07779 317 058 to find out where we are or are on our way to. Apologies if anybody tries to contact Rigg as the '9' was missing from the phone number!
- Wednesday 22nd August 8pm (probably start as early as possible once bus has arrived!), Newton Arms, Newtonhill, Branch Meeting. Stagecoach 7B from Aberdeen Bus Station at 18:53 arriving Newtonhill 19:25 is the best bus to take, then 2 minute walk to pub. On returning to Aberdeen, the last bus is the 22.07 X7, which does not come into the village. It is a good 10 to 15 minute walk (depending on beer consumed) to the Park & Ride stop on the other side of the dual carriageway
- Wednesday 8th August visit to Wooha Brewery near Kinloss time 12 noon for 12.30. If coming from Aberdeen, probably best to get the Stagecoach 10 at 8:30 from Aberdeen Bus Station (or en route) arriving at Forres 11:35. There will still be a bus replacement service from Aberdeen to Dyce in place if taking the train. Assemble at the Mosset Tavern for a pint and arrangements will be in place to get a lift to the brewery
- Tuesday 24th July 8pm, Queen Vic, Rosemount Place, Branch Meeting.
- Saturday 23rd June, 12.30pm, Moorfield House hotel, Braemar, Branch Meeting. Followed by visit to Ballater then Banchory. All by bus! Bus to get there in time for the meeting is the 09.47 201 from Aberdeen Bus Station (10.50 at Banchory) arriving Braemar at 12.01
- Saturday 9th June, 1pm, Carriages,Aberdeen - ** Note venue change **, Tasting Session. May move to other venues depending on beers available
- Saturday 19th May, 2pm, Tolbooth, Ellon, Branch Meeting (please note original date of 12th was incorrect)
- Saturday 28th April, Pitmedden, Oldmeldrum, Inverurie, Bus outing. 10.40 Stagecoach No 290 arriving Craft Bar, Pitmedden 11.26. Then No 49 at 12.56 to Oldmeldrum arriving 13.06 then short walk to Redgarth. Finally No 49 at 15.16 arriving Inverurie Town Hall at 15.29 for Edwards/Hopeville Social Club/Black Bull/Gordon Highlander. Return to Aberdeen flexible via Nos 10 & 37 bus or train. Feel free to join up with us at any of these locations if not able to be at the start point.
- Wednesday 18th April, 8pm, Blue Lamp, Gallowgate, Branch Meeting
- Tuesday 20th March, 8pm, Dutch Mill Hotel, Queens Road, Branch Meeting
- Saturday 17th February, 2pm, Ma Cameron's Snug, Little Belmont Street, GBG Selection Meeting
- Thursday 8th February, 8pm, Prince of Wales, St Nicholas Lane, Branch Meeting
- Wednesday 10th January, 8pm, Bobbin, King Street, Branch Meeting
The Archive 2017:
- Thursday 28th December, 2pm, BrewDog, Castlegate, Festive Social. May move on elsewhere later. Text George on 07733 068 673 to find out where we may have moved to
- Wednesday 6th December, 8pm, Under The Hammer, Branch Meeting
- *** Saturday 11th November 2pm, Grammar FP Club, Queens Road, Branch AGM. Nominations to Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) for all committee posts by end of October, please ***
- Tuesday 10th October, 8pm, Ferryhill House Hotel, Branch Meeting
- Wednesday 6th September, 7.30pm, Station Hotel, Ellon, Social to meet local members, followed by The Tolbooth at approx 8.30pm
- Saturday 2nd September, 12.30pm, Deeside Brewery, Branch Brewery Visit followed at 2.30pm at Ravenswood British Legion Club, Branch Meeting.
- Wednesday 23rd August, 7.30pm, Black Bull, Inverurie, Social to hopefully meet up with local members. Will probably then move on to Gordon Highlander with possibly a detour via Hopeville Social Club in Harlaw Road which has been reported as selling some fine ale recently.
- Wednesday 2nd August, 8pm, Queen Vic, Rosemount Place, Meet The Brewer with Spey Valley Brewery. Beer and cheese tasting.
- Saturday 22nd July, 2pm, Cross keys, Peterhead, Branch Meeting. Preceded by a visit to Brew Toon Brewery at 12.15 approx. Stagecoach number 60 at 10.51 from Aberdeen Bus Station arrives Peterhead 12 noon. Post meeting a trip to Fraserburgh before returning to Aberdeen.
- Saturday 17th June, 1pm, Belvedere Hotel, Stonehaven, Branch Meeting. Hopefully this will be a short meeting so that we can then head along to the Midsummer Beer Happening at Baird Park.
- Thursday 18th May, 8pm, Queen Vic, Rosemount Place, Meet The Brewer with Wooha Brewery. Beer and cheese tasting.
- Wednesday 17th May, 8pm, Broadstraik, Elrick, Branch Meeting
- Sat 6th May 12 noon, Branch visit to BrewDog Brewery, Balmacassie Industril Estate, Ellon. Cost is £12 each. Not known if payment required in advance but will update once known. Please email email@example.com if interested in attending.
- Tue 18th April, 8pm, Adams/Hawthorn, Branch Meeting *** Note that as there is no longer any ale available here, only a craft beer from Drygate, the venue has been re-arranged for the upstairs area of McGintys ***
- Thu 16th March, 8pm, Howff, Branch Meeting
- Sat 25th Feb,2pm, Ma Camerons (snug now booked), GBG Selection and POTY/COTY voting
- Wed 15th Feb, 8pm, Cults Hotel, Branch Meeting
- Tue 17th Jan, 8pm, Justice Mill (Note change of venue), Branch Meeting