There is an ongoing calendar of Branch, Committee and Beer Festival meetings, as well as trips, social drinking and beer tasting sessions.
Check out the list of beer festivals.
Coming In 2017:
Note - all venues in Aberdeen City unless indicated otherwise. Contact CAMRA on email@example.com, (01224) 624652 or 07733 068 673 if any further information required on any of the events below.
- *** Saturday 11th November 2pm, Grammar FP Club, Queens Road, Branch AGM. Nominations to Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) for all committee posts by end of October, please ***
- Wednesday 6th December, 8pm, Under The Hammer, Branch Meeting
- Thursday 28th December, 2pm, BrewDog, Castlegate, Festive Social. May move on elsewhere later. Text George on 07733 068 673 to find out where we may have moved to
- Wednesday 10th January, 8pm, Bobbin, King Street, Branch Meeting
The Archive 2017:
- Tuesday 10th October, 8pm, Ferryhill House Hotel, Branch Meeting
- Wednesday 6th September, 7.30pm, Station Hotel, Ellon, Social to meet local members, followed by The Tolbooth at approx 8.30pm
- Saturday 2nd September, 12.30pm, Deeside Brewery, Branch Brewery Visit followed at 2.30pm at Ravenswood British Legion Club, Branch Meeting.
- Wednesday 23rd August, 7.30pm, Black Bull, Inverurie, Social to hopefully meet up with local members. Will probably then move on to Gordon Highlander with possibly a detour via Hopeville Social Club in Harlaw Road which has been reported as selling some fine ale recently.
- Wednesday 2nd August, 8pm, Queen Vic, Rosemount Place, Meet The Brewer with Spey Valley Brewery. Beer and cheese tasting.
- Saturday 22nd July, 2pm, Cross keys, Peterhead, Branch Meeting. Preceded by a visit to Brew Toon Brewery at 12.15 approx. Stagecoach number 60 at 10.51 from Aberdeen Bus Station arrives Peterhead 12 noon. Post meeting a trip to Fraserburgh before returning to Aberdeen.
- Saturday 17th June, 1pm, Belvedere Hotel, Stonehaven, Branch Meeting. Hopefully this will be a short meeting so that we can then head along to the Midsummer Beer Happening at Baird Park.
- Thursday 18th May, 8pm, Queen Vic, Rosemount Place, Meet The Brewer with Wooha Brewery. Beer and cheese tasting.
- Wednesday 17th May, 8pm, Broadstraik, Elrick, Branch Meeting
- Sat 6th May 12 noon, Branch visit to BrewDog Brewery, Balmacassie Industril Estate, Ellon. Cost is £12 each. Not known if payment required in advance but will update once known. Please email email@example.com if interested in attending.
- Tue 18th April, 8pm, Adams/Hawthorn, Branch Meeting *** Note that as there is no longer any ale available here, only a craft beer from Drygate, the venue has been re-arranged for the upstairs area of McGintys ***
- Thu 16th March, 8pm, Howff, Branch Meeting
- Sat 25th Feb,2pm, Ma Camerons (snug now booked), GBG Selection and POTY/COTY voting
- Wed 15th Feb, 8pm, Cults Hotel, Branch Meeting
- Tue 17th Jan, 8pm, Justice Mill (Note change of venue), Branch Meeting
The Archive 2016:
- Wed 28th Dec, Lunchtime social, starting 1pm in Prince of Wales
- Thu 24th Nov, 8pm, Queen Vic, Branch Meeting
- Sat 5th November - Branch AGM at Grammar FP Club, Queens Road
- Tue 11th Oct, 8pm Atholl Hotel, Branch Meeting
- Sat 8th Oct, Inverurie social trip - meet Black Bull at 1pm
- OkMoberfest, Montrose Town Hall, Friday 7th to Sunday 9th October (Note - not a CAMRA event)
- Saturday 17th Sept. Trip to Rudgate Brewery, nr York, at 11am approx to present the certificate for Beer Of the Festival 2016 (York Chocolate Stout).Travel to York either Thursday 15th or Friday 16th and travel back on Sunday 18th. The York Beer Festival and a Book Festival are both also taking part this weekend.
- Sat 27 Aug, 1pm Carriages, Beer Festival Post Mortem
- Sat 13th Aug, trip to Elgin, Lossiemouth, Findhorn, Kinloss, Forres by public transport. Meet at Drouthy Cobbler in Elgin at 1.30pm
- Sat 6th Aug, 2pm (depending on bus times), Tolbooth, Ellon, Branch Meeting
- Sat 2nd July, 2pm, Glenaden Hotel, Ballater, Branch Meeting (Stagecoach 201 dep Aberdeen 11:45 arr Ballater 13:28)
- Thu 23rd Jun, Social starting at 8.00pm in Under the Hammer
- Sat 11 Jun, 8pm, Grill, post festival/new members social
- Thu 19th to Sat 21st May 30th Great Grampian Beer Festival at the Dick Donald Stand, Pittodrie Stadium. More details to be added nearer the time
- Wed 11 May, 8pm, Archibald Simpsons, Beer Festival only
- Tue 3 May, 8pm, number 10 Bar & Restaurant (was originally Prince of Wales, but that will be closed for re-furbishment on this date), Branch/Beer Festival Meetings
- Tue 26 Apr, 8pm, Old Blackfriars, Beer Festival only (Note - date was wrong originally and will be in WB as the 25th)
- Wed 6 Apr, 8pm, Aitchies Ale House, Branch/Beer Festival Meetings. NB This will be preceded by a presentation to the Grill at 7.30pm for winning Branch Pub Of The Year 2016.
- Sat 19 Mar, Trip to Burnside Brewery now confirmed. Get the 12:40 Glasgow train from Aberdeen arriving Laurencekirk 13:10. Return trains at 15:52, 17:20, 18:23, 20:02. May have a stop in Stonehaven on return journey. Cost of return £13.30 (£8.60 with Railcard).
- Wed 9 Mar, 8pm, Blue Lamp, Branch/Beer Festival Meetings
- Sat 27 Feb, 2pm, Ma’s snug, GBG2016 selection meeting and Pub of the Year Voting
- Fri 12 Feb, 1pm lunch time social starting at Archibald Simpsons (remember your CAMRA vouchers)
- Wed 3 Feb, 8pm, McGintys (upstairs) (was originally Number 10), Branch Meeting (Note earlier starting time and venue change due to Aberdeen/Celtic match)
- Tue 12 Jan, 8.30pm, Northern Hotel, Branch Meeting