There is an ongoing calendar of Branch, Committee and Beer Festival meetings, as well as trips, social drinking and beer tasting sessions.
Check out the list of beer festivals.
Coming In 2018:
Note - all venues in Aberdeen City unless indicated otherwise. Contact CAMRA on firstname.lastname@example.org, (01224) 624652 or 07733 068 673 if any further information required on any of the events below.
- Wednesday 22nd August 8pm (probably start as early as possible once bus has arrived!), Newton Arms, Newtonhill, Branch Meeting. Stagecoach 7B from Aberdeen Bus Station at 18:53 arriving Newtonhill 19:25 is the best bus to take, then 2 minute walk to pub. On returning to Aberdeen, the last bus is the 22.07 X7, which does not come into the village. It is a good 10 to 15 minute walk (depending on beer consumed) to the Park & Ride stop on the other side of the dual carriageway
- Saturday 1st September Moray Social Trip starting at Mosset Tavern, Forres. Best way to get there from Aberdeen would be a Stagecoach no 10 leaving Aberdeen at 9.30 and arriving Forres at 12.35. Train is hampered by bus replacement between Inverurie and Keith. More details will be published on itinerary for the rest of the day once known
- Saturday 15th September 1pm Social with Tayside Branch. starting at the Royal Arch, Brook Street, Broughty Ferry. Other nearby pubs are the Fisherman's Tavern, the Anchor, the Ship and Jolly's Hotel. Suggested train is 11.42 to Dundee arriving 12.53 and then get a bus to Broughty Ferry. Alternative is an earlier train to Dundee with the option of a drink in Dundee prior to going to the Ferry. Does not seem to be a suitable train to Brought Ferry to fit in with our suggested rendezvous time Various trains back can be had from Broughty Ferry at 17.54 or 19.01 (both changing at Carnoustie) or a direct train at 20:12
- Thursday 27th September 8pm, Number 10 Bar & Restaurant, Branch Meeting
- Tuesday 23rd October 8pm, Carriages, Branch Meeting. As Carriages is currently undergoing negotiations with a potential buyer, the future is uncertain. If it is not going to be open for business on this date then the venue will be changed to Ferryhill House Hotel
The Archive 2018:
- Wednesday 8th August visit to Wooha Brewery near Kinloss time 12 noon for 12.30. If coming from Aberdeen, probably best to get the Stagecoach 10 at 8:30 from Aberdeen Bus Station (or en route) arriving at Forres 11:35. There will still be a bus replacement service from Aberdeen to Dyce in place if taking the train. Assemble at the Mosset Tavern for a pint and arrangements will be in place to get a lift to the brewery
- Tuesday 24th July 8pm, Queen Vic, Rosemount Place, Branch Meeting.
- Saturday 23rd June, 12.30pm, Moorfield House hotel, Braemar, Branch Meeting. Followed by visit to Ballater then Banchory. All by bus! Bus to get there in time for the meeting is the 09.47 201 from Aberdeen Bus Station (10.50 at Banchory) arriving Braemar at 12.01
- Saturday 9th June, 1pm, Carriages,Aberdeen - ** Note venue change **, Tasting Session. May move to other venues depending on beers available
- Saturday 19th May, 2pm, Tolbooth, Ellon, Branch Meeting (please note original date of 12th was incorrect)
- Saturday 28th April, Pitmedden, Oldmeldrum, Inverurie, Bus outing. 10.40 Stagecoach No 290 arriving Craft Bar, Pitmedden 11.26. Then No 49 at 12.56 to Oldmeldrum arriving 13.06 then short walk to Redgarth. Finally No 49 at 15.16 arriving Inverurie Town Hall at 15.29 for Edwards/Hopeville Social Club/Black Bull/Gordon Highlander. Return to Aberdeen flexible via Nos 10 & 37 bus or train. Feel free to join up with us at any of these locations if not able to be at the start point.
- Wednesday 18th April, 8pm, Blue Lamp, Gallowgate, Branch Meeting
- Tuesday 20th March, 8pm, Dutch Mill Hotel, Queens Road, Branch Meeting
- Saturday 17th February, 2pm, Ma Cameron's Snug, Little Belmont Street, GBG Selection Meeting
- Thursday 8th February, 8pm, Prince of Wales, St Nicholas Lane, Branch Meeting
- Wednesday 10th January, 8pm, Bobbin, King Street, Branch Meeting
The Archive 2017:
- Thursday 28th December, 2pm, BrewDog, Castlegate, Festive Social. May move on elsewhere later. Text George on 07733 068 673 to find out where we may have moved to
- Wednesday 6th December, 8pm, Under The Hammer, Branch Meeting
- *** Saturday 11th November 2pm, Grammar FP Club, Queens Road, Branch AGM. Nominations to Secretary (email@example.com) for all committee posts by end of October, please ***
- Tuesday 10th October, 8pm, Ferryhill House Hotel, Branch Meeting
- Wednesday 6th September, 7.30pm, Station Hotel, Ellon, Social to meet local members, followed by The Tolbooth at approx 8.30pm
- Saturday 2nd September, 12.30pm, Deeside Brewery, Branch Brewery Visit followed at 2.30pm at Ravenswood British Legion Club, Branch Meeting.
- Wednesday 23rd August, 7.30pm, Black Bull, Inverurie, Social to hopefully meet up with local members. Will probably then move on to Gordon Highlander with possibly a detour via Hopeville Social Club in Harlaw Road which has been reported as selling some fine ale recently.
- Wednesday 2nd August, 8pm, Queen Vic, Rosemount Place, Meet The Brewer with Spey Valley Brewery. Beer and cheese tasting.
- Saturday 22nd July, 2pm, Cross keys, Peterhead, Branch Meeting. Preceded by a visit to Brew Toon Brewery at 12.15 approx. Stagecoach number 60 at 10.51 from Aberdeen Bus Station arrives Peterhead 12 noon. Post meeting a trip to Fraserburgh before returning to Aberdeen.
- Saturday 17th June, 1pm, Belvedere Hotel, Stonehaven, Branch Meeting. Hopefully this will be a short meeting so that we can then head along to the Midsummer Beer Happening at Baird Park.
- Thursday 18th May, 8pm, Queen Vic, Rosemount Place, Meet The Brewer with Wooha Brewery. Beer and cheese tasting.
- Wednesday 17th May, 8pm, Broadstraik, Elrick, Branch Meeting
- Sat 6th May 12 noon, Branch visit to BrewDog Brewery, Balmacassie Industril Estate, Ellon. Cost is £12 each. Not known if payment required in advance but will update once known. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in attending.
- Tue 18th April, 8pm, Adams/Hawthorn, Branch Meeting *** Note that as there is no longer any ale available here, only a craft beer from Drygate, the venue has been re-arranged for the upstairs area of McGintys ***
- Thu 16th March, 8pm, Howff, Branch Meeting
- Sat 25th Feb,2pm, Ma Camerons (snug now booked), GBG Selection and POTY/COTY voting
- Wed 15th Feb, 8pm, Cults Hotel, Branch Meeting
- Tue 17th Jan, 8pm, Justice Mill (Note change of venue), Branch Meeting