Nationally, the Campaign for Real Ale has a membership of over 170,000 real ale drinkers.
The Aberdeen, Grampian and Northern Isles branch has a membership of around 400. The branch target is to increase this further. We all know real ale lovers who aren’t members of CAMRA – if we can each encourage a few to sign up, perhaps we can make that happen.
Why not get your loved one a one year CAMRA gift membership package; the package includes an electronic copy of the monthly What’s Brewing newspaper, the quarterly BEER magazine and a discount on the latest best-selling CAMRA Good Beer Guide. This is the kind of present that they will be able to use all year round and will be forever grateful to you. The membership will only become live when it is activated and will be valid for a year. The recipient will have a chance to renew the membership at the end of the year.
There are a variety of packages available to suit the recipient. We have joint memberships, ideal for Christmas, wedding packages, or maybe a gift from the kids to the grandparents. We also offer deals for under 26s which can also be brought as a gift.
Benefits of Membership
As a member of CAMRA you can expect:
- Beer Discounts: £20 of vouchers (50p off a pint) to spend in participating pubs (Wetherspoons and many others)
- What's Brewing: monthly electronic colour newspaper informing you of beer and pub news and detailing events and beer festivals from around the country.
- Beer Magazine: quarterly magazine about pubs, beer and breweries.
- Attraction Discounts: a 15% discount from National Express, discounts from some the UK’s best attractions such as Alton Towers, Legoland, Blackpool, Sealife and many more.
Within this branch:
- Beer Festival: Come work, drink and play at CAMRA beer festivals.
- Brewery Trips: Travel with us to visit local brewers and publicans.
- Borrow Equipment: Borrow Pins, Taps and Woody Bits to enjoy beer at home (although you buy and pay for the beer yourself)
- Pub Discounts: Show your membership card to obtain a few pence off a pint at a number of local pubs, including:
- Belhaven managed pubs such as Prince of Wales, Old Blackfriars, Ma Camerons
- Krakatoa, St. Machar Bar, Elizabethan (Fraserburgh) and others.
See the national CAMRA Website for benefits for more information on the Benefits of Becoming a Member of CAMRA.
What does it cost?
Why not take out a Direct Debit membership and then you won't be hassled with those pesky Renewal letters?